AREA 11L 2013 COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
AYSO AREA 11L is proud to support our Youth Volunteers by offering qualified students assistance for continuing education through the awards of up to four (4) scholarships in the amount up to $500.00 each to current high school seniors and/or current college students who have served in volunteer positions within Area 11-L.
- Current high school senior or college student (Copy of current Student ID card as proof of enrollment). All accredited colleges and vocational schools requiring student attendance qualify.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate and document volunteer service to within Area 11L for a minimum period of two (2) years.
- Applicant also may list other community service volunteer activity which will merit consideration in the selection process but does not replace the specific requirement for AYSO volunteer service.
- Previous recipients of an Area 11-L scholarship award may not submit an application.
- Completion of application. CLICK HERE FOR OUR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Obtain reference letter from an AYSO Executive Member or Regional Board Member (Letterhead required).
- Obtain reference letter from an adult outside of AYSO who has dealt with the applicant in another volunteer and/or employment capacity (Letterhead required).
- Obtain reference letter from a teacher or school administrator (Letterhead required).
- Obtain transcripts (though current school year).
- Write an essay of approximately 500 words on the topic of "Serving in an AYSO Volunteer Capacity -What it Has Meant to Me & How it Has Helped Me."
- All applications will be considered and awards will be made without any regard to race, gender, religion, national origin or financial need.
- Mail the application, the reference letters, copy of transcript and the essay to:
24310 Moulton Parkway, Suite O #214
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY APRIL 28, 2013